Books by Melissa Bowersock

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Starting the Next Great Adventure

For those of you who have been following me, you may have noticed that I haven't been around. That's because I have recently retired from my day job, moved from the big city to a small town and have spent weeks knee-deep in boxes, either packing them or unpacking them. Unfortunately during all this, writing has had to take a back seat. Luckily my characters have not been haunting me or else I would have been forced to stop doing what I was doing and start jotting notes. As it stands, a manageable soup of inspiration has just started to bubble up so I know when the time is right I can jump back in. 

The first order of business will be launching my latest. I finished my last book, Burning Through, on the very last day of September and with the move imminent, shipped it off to a few beta-readers and my cover designer. It's now had plenty of time to lie dormant so when I get back to it for the final read-through and edit, it should be a fresh experience. I'm looking forward to tying up all the loose ends and planning the launch. More details to come.


(one of many possible cover designs)

In the meantime, I'm learning how to be retired. It has its challenges--like keeping track of what day of the week it is--but overall, it's a good thing. My husband and I work well together around the house and we're taking time off for play days and exploring, keeping it all in perspective. Yesterday we took a run up to our favorite place on the planet, the Grand Canyon. Doesn't get any better than that.

So, rest assured, I will be around. Maybe not frequently to start, but I expect to build up a head of steam as I go. 


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the release of your new book, Melissa.

    Congrats on your retirement. Arizona is such a beautiful area of the country ... We visited the North and South rims of the Grand Canyon this past summer, gorgeous views!

    Dropped in from IU blogfest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.A., thanks for dropping by and for the good wishes. It's going pretty well so far. Glad you had the chance to see both the North and South Rims; we often talk about how many people who live in AZ never get to the Canyon. It's an experience not to be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great site! Glad I found you via the IU blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, welcome! Glad to have you joining the conversation, even if I have been MIA during the move.

    ReplyDelete